How to write an essay?
An essay is a small prose work written in free form and devoted to a specific topic. The main purpose - the author's thoughts, impressions about the studied material. A complete treatment of the topic in this type of essay is not provided.
Why write an essay?
There are no strict requirements on the style of presentation of the essay - a free author's design is suitable. Most often it is used to reveal the problems of intellectual, philosophical, moral and ethical orientation and brillassignment.co.uk reviews.
Such a work develops a number of useful skills:
- development of creative thinking;
- drawing up a competent written text;
- identifying cause and effect relationships;
- structuring of the information studied;
- Argumentation of one's own point of view using different examples
- How to choose a topic for an essay
- how to choose a topic for an essay?
Recommendations for choosing an essay topic:
Narrow it down. Suitable in cases where the author was given a general direction without specifying the topic. The style of design of such an essay depends on the purpose of its writing (admission to university, employment, etc.).
The list of suggested directions. The main selection criteria - the level of knowledge, experience of the author and the desire to express their own position on certain aspects.
Substantial disclosure of the topic of the essay, the presence of own ideas, observations, reasoning on the subject, the ability to formulate the author's thesis is the key to writing a high-quality work. It is not recommended to choose a highly specialized focus because of the high probability of a shortage of necessary literary sources.
Recommendations for writing an essay
The title is a mandatory part of any essay. The main text is written in an arbitrary, author's form. Argumentative conclusions can be placed in the middle or at the end of the work - there are no strict requirements.
Note. It is allowed to combine the formulation of the essay problem and the final conclusion. The author's argumentation is placed before the description of the issue at hand.
Main mistakes in essay writing
A list of the most common mistakes authors make when composing and designing an essay.
- Insufficient checking. It is recommended to proofread the work a couple of times, check the spelling, sentence construction (unfortunate turns, etc.). The style should be clear, without floridities.
- Prolonged prefaces and lack of specific details. A good essay consists of statements supported by illustrations that emphasize the importance of the work done.
- Large volume of text. All essays consist of a strictly-specified number of words. The main objective of the author is to argue the ideas at hand without using repetition and unnecessary irrelevant details.
- Long sentences/word combinations/phrases. Short phrases have been proven to be much more visually and aurally comprehensible. It is recommended to alternate sentences of different lengths. The author should reread the essay carefully - if you feel a hitch, the phrases should be changed.
- Overloading the work with encyclopedic terms. Unskillful handling of such words will cause misunderstanding in the reader, reducing the value of the essay.
An essay plan consists of three main parts: introduction, main part, and conclusion.
This is the first paragraph of the work. The purpose of the introduction is to familiarize the reader with the main purpose of the essay (the author's attitude to the problem). The maximum length is a couple or three paragraphs.
The structure of this part depends on the topic of the essay - this is taken into account during the drafting of the plan. It is necessary to adhere to imagery, logicality and conciseness of the text.
The thesis-argumentation. The author states his position, then proves it.
Reverse arrangement (arguments-conclusions). The facts of the situation are described, then the conclusions. This scheme of the text is repeated throughout the main part.
One thesis - several related facts. All thoughts are documented (illustrations, diagrams, etc.).
Note. The thesis - a brief completed thought on the topic of the essay, without floridities and complex constructions. Arguments include scientific opinions, proven facts, life situations, etc. The ideal "formula" for the main body of the essay text is 2 arguments per 1 thesis.
The resulting (summarizing) part of the whole work - the author of the essay sums up with the readers. A properly composed conclusion does not contain far-fetched conclusions - all the results obtained are supported by facts from the field under study.
How to write a great essay on the exam
A couple of tips for writing essays
I've never bought one either. But I don't see anything embarrassing or strange about it. So if it's hard for you to do quests. Why not buy one? It's your choice. No one has the right to judge him. Slope game
I want to thank you so much for this informative article. This is really helpful information for me. I am developing my writing skills daily, but so far I cannot boast of the result. That's why I used dissertation proposal writing services In the end, I got a brilliant job, thanks to which I was able to impress my professor and other teachers. I was just happy. Moreover, I was offered not bad discounts and I even saved some of my money. This is great.