Covid-19: Infection rates 'stubbornly high' in Northern Ireland

3 Posts
3 Users
0 Likes
Topic starter
(@geemong)
Reputable Member

Covid-19: Infection rates 'stubbornly high' in Northern Ireland

Northern Ireland's Covid-19 infection rate remains "stubbornly high", meaning that hospitals are "struggling to cope", according to a senior GP.

The lucky one may be you, and he has โปรโมชั่น slotxo many privileges with us. Just sign up easily via automation. A worthwhile return slot game.

Dr Frances O'Hagan of the British Medical Association (BMA) said hospitals were overwhelmed by coronavirus and other illnesses.

One problem was that too few people had been vaccinated for Covid-19, she said.

On Saturday Health Minister Robin Swann warned that the easing of Covid restrictions could be reversed.

Speaking to BBC One NI's Sunday Politics programme, Dr O'Hagan said the effect of the pandemic on the health service should not be underestimated.

"We still have stubbornly high levels of Covid," said the BMA's deputy chairperson in Northern Ireland.

The rolling seven-day average of coronavirus cases in Northern Ireland has not fallen below 1,000 cases a day since 15 July.

That means Northern Ireland is in the most prolonged period of high infection since the pandemic began.

On Sunday the Department of Health reported that five more people who had tested positive for coronavirus had died and another 1,601 cases of the virus were recorded.

2 Replies
(@tonysmit)
Reputable Member

Covid has influenced our way of life so much, and I don’t know when we will return to the old state, because I miss the old world.

(@harryjohnson)
Reputable Member

Unfortunately, I'm afraid that we won't soon be able to live the way we used to. It's good that in my country there is no serious lockdown, so despite the closed cafes, we can gather with friends at someone's home. We deal with lockdown through movie watching, board games, and we also like https://blacktiecbd.net/products/candyland-strain to get away from sad thoughts. In general, we try not to despair.

Share: